De Lier, Zuid-Holland, NetherlandsFinance & Administration
Climate for growth
It is Priva's mission to create an optimal environment where people can work, grow and develop. We offer global solutions for horticulture and building automation.
Our ambition is to be known as the leading technology and service provider for sustainable urban deltas. We are proud that our solutions result in lower consumption of natural resources and contribute to several of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Your future ecosystem
Between Rotterdam and The Hague, you find the greenhouse capital of the world: “Het Westland”, where our campus is located in The Lier. A region that has a great contribution to The Netherlands as food exporter number 2 worldwide, right after the US.
In these 100 square kilometers, Priva was founded in the fifties. An innovative second-generation owned family business. Today we are a high-tech company that develops hardware, software and digital services in the field of climate control, energy-saving and optimal reuse of water. We do this for horticulture, indoor and city farming, as well as utility buildings such as offices, retail, hotels and hospitals.
We are proud that we are working with 600 colleagues, in 15 international branch offices divided over 12 countries together with over 400 international installation partners to deliver our sustainable solutions and services in more than 100 countries.
The Finance department is working hard to further professionalize and anticipate new developments. We are working on improving our own discipline, supporting the business better and we focus on value creation for the Business. You work closely with your colleague Business Controllers, Financial Control, BI reporting and the Global Manager Finance, to whom you report.
How you add value
Your main responsibility will be to develop a partnership with the organizational units research and development and the Corporate departments.
Your main tasks will include the following:
- You ensure that the business knows where to find you and can come to you for advice on all relevant financial issues;
- With your insights, opinion, and supporting reports/Business cases you provide the necessary information based on which the business can see their performance and make the right decisions;
- You help and advise your business partners in looking ahead, streamlining and clarifying their processes. You do this, among other things, by making smarter use of the latest IT developments and you are able to indicate where your Business partners can still improve their process;
- Together with your colleague Business controller, you ensure that our rolling forecast and budget are drawn up in accordance with our strategic objectives;
- You translate reporting issues from the Business to the reporting team and you make improvements in financial processes.
Who you are
- You have at least three years of work experience as a Business Controller or in a similar role;
- You have a completed HBO/WO education in a financial or (business) economic direction;
- You want to develop yourself further as a Business Controller and you want to use your ideas and vision about what the modern Business Controller function should look like in daily practice;
- You feel at home in a family business with a flat organizational structure, an open culture, and an important mission in which you can identify yourself;
- You are independent and switch easily between different subjects and working methods. You can easily communicate with all employees within Priva, both with colleagues in the warehouse and with the CFO;
- The diversity and thus complexity in the work, partly due to Priva's portfolio, products, services & services make you enthusiastic;
- You show initiative, you have an eye for quality and you are fluent in the Dutch and English language.
What you get
- A gross salary based on your experience in the range of € 5.000,- and € 6.500,- based on 40 hours a week;
- We find a healthy work-life balance important: working flexible hours combined with 30 vacation days a year and the option to buy more;
- 8% holiday allowance;
- Travel allowance of € 0,19/km with a daily maximum of 150 kilometer.
For your own sustainability:
- Join our collective health insurance;
- Be secured with our pension plan;
- Feel engaged and join our participation plan;
- Keep on learning with your personal education possibilities and budget;
- Be happy and fit by using our healthy cafeteria, our free on-premises fitness where you can participate in Crossfit, Pilates and Spinning classes or play table tennis or football.
Does all of this make you smile? Feel free to apply below or contact us for further information. We are keen to tell you more about us, our vision and future.
A screening procedure can be part of our selection process.