De Lier, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands€3,000 - €5,000 per monthTech & Data
Create a strong interchangeable software product by becoming our Embedded Engineer
Your future ecosystem
You will be part of one of our three embedded teams in our Product Development Department. The team you will join consists of a Product Owner, Tech Lead, Project Manager, and 7 Embedded Developers. Together you will work on abstract protocols and modules to create a strong interchangeable software platform for our Building Automation solutions.
Between Rotterdam and The Hague, you find the greenhouse capital of the world: “Het Westland”, where our campus is located in De Lier. In these 100 square kilometers, Priva was founded in the fifties and is still a family business.
Priva started as a hardware company and transformed into an innovative software company that grew to become the global market leader in horticulture and building automation. Today we are a high-tech company that develops hardware, software and digital services in the field of climate control, energy-saving and optimal reuse of water. We do this for horticulture, indoor and city farming, as well as utility buildings such as offices, retail, hotels and hospitals.
We are proud to be working with over 600 colleagues, in 16 international branch offices divided over 12 countries together with over 400 international installation partners to deliver our sustainable solutions and services in more than 100 countries.
How you add value
As an Embedded Engineer, you will play an active role in building our next-generation building automation controllers. You will utilize your experience in data communication protocols like Modbus, BACnet, DALI, and EnOcean to design and develop software for our embedded system. You collaborate within your team as well as with our Application teams developing the Cloud part of the system, to ensure seamless integration of our end-to-end features. Additionally, as an Embedded Engineer, you are responsible to maintain and improve existing systems already deployed at customers.
Who you are
We are looking for an embedded developer who wants to develop on the next-gen controller for Priva. Furthermore, we will read your resume to find:
- At least 3 years of experience in embedded C++ development and Linux (C++ 17 preferred);
- Good understanding of object-oriented design, design patterns and abstract programming;
- Experience with Yocto, GitHub, and GoogleTest is an advantage;
- Experience with serial communication protocols is an advantage;
What you get
- A gross salary based on your experience in the range of € 3.000,- and € 5.000,- based on 40 hours a week;
- We find a healthy work-life balance important: working flexible hours combined with 30 vacation days a year and the option to buy more;
- 8% holiday allowance;
- Travel allowance of € 0,21/km with a daily maximum of 240 kilometers.
For your own sustainability:
- Be secured with our pension plan;
- Feel engaged and join our participation plan;
- Keep on learning with your personal education possibilities and budget;
- Be happy and fit by using our healthy cafeteria, our free on-premises fitness where you can participate in CrossFit, Pilates and Spinning classes or play table tennis or table football.
Priva's mission is to create an optimal environment where people can work, grow and develop. We offer worldwide solutions for horticulture and building automation. Our ambition is to be known as the leading technology and service provider for sustainable urban deltas. We are proud that our solutions result in lower consumption of natural resources and contribute to some of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Our culture is built around our core values; sustainable, innovation, make it happen and human. In our latest employment survey, our colleagues mainly described our culture as: open, ambitious, innovative, friendly, committed, informal, flexible and down to earth. We aim to be a dynamic, fast-paced, flat and informal organization, where our colleagues have the space to grow and develop.
We believe that in order to be successful, it is important to include people with different perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. Every day, we continue to build our open culture with people who are driven to turn our vision into reality, regardless of who they love, where they are from, or what they believe in. We encourage and celebrate people to voice their opinions and be their authentic selves.
Does this make you smile, and do you see yourself as our new Embedded Engineer? Apply below or contact us for more information. We’ll get back to you within two weeks, we are keen to get to know you!