Embedded Software Test Engineer
Netherlands, Zuid-Holland, De Lier€3,000 - €5,000 per monthTech & Data
Be part of our growth and become our new Embedded Tester
Your future ecosystem
Team Vector, one of our Embedded teams exists of a Product Owner, Tech Lead, and four Developers. You’ll be the tester of this team. They work on our Gateway, our product that ensures that our control computers in buildings and in greenhouses can be connected to our cloud services.
Between Rotterdam and The Hague, you find the greenhouse capital of the world: “Het Westland”, where our campus is located in De Lier. In these 100 square kilometers, Priva was founded in the fifties and is still a family business.
Priva started as a hardware company and transformed into an innovative software company that grew to become the global market leader in horticulture and building automation. Today we are a high-tech company that develops hardware, software and digital services in the field of climate control, energy-saving and optimal reuse of water. We do this for horticulture, indoor and city farming, as well as utility buildings such as offices, retail, hotels and hospitals.
Our next step is to conquer the digital domain and become a digital service provider, selling subscriptions to "climate as a service".
We are proud to be working with over 600 colleagues, in 16 international branch offices divided over 12 countries together with over 400 international installation partners to deliver our sustainable solutions and services in more than 100 countries.
How you add value
To become a digital service provider our gateway is crucial. Without it, no connections to our cloud. These highly technical gateways are in the middle of our product portfolio and are the bridge between our hardware solutions, software, and digital services. It operates locally at our clients all over the world and allows us to receive and send crucial data.
So, it is logical that the role of Embedded Software Tester is important to us. We are looking for a specialist who adds value by determining the test strategy according to our testing policy and guarding that quality measures are taken for mitigating risks in accordance with the determined test strategy. You test available product functionals and non-functionals either manually and/or automatically in alignment with the test strategy.
Also, you create transparency on the product (increment) quality at any given moment and analyze potential defects and administrate bug reports, and communicate its priority in alignment with the Product Owner.
To end, you provide the Product Owner with information on the required resources (time, equipment, etc.) to perform integration testing between teams and test the integration of products or product increments across teams.
Who you are
We are looking for an experienced Embedded Tester with broad knowledge and interests. Furthermore, we will read your resume to find:
- At least a couple of years in a similar role;
- A finished bachelor’s or master’s degree in a relevant field;
- Good understanding of, and a strong affinity with the combination of Embedded, Cloud, and IoT;
- Preferably (hands-on) experience with making test setups, generic open-source automation frameworks, and understanding of Python and Azure Pipelines
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Excellent command of the English language, Dutch is nice to have.
What you get
- A gross salary based on your experience in the range of € 3.000,- and € 5.000,- based on 40 hours a week;
- We find a healthy work-life balance important: flexible working hours combined with 30 vacation days a year and the option to buy more;
- 8% holiday allowance;
- Travel allowance of € 0,19/km with a daily maximum of 150 kilometers or fully reimbursed public transport costs;
For your own sustainability:
- Be secured with our pension plan;
- Feel engaged and join our participation plan;
- Keep on learning with your personal education possibilities and budget;
- Be happy and fit by using our healthy cafeteria, our free on-premises fitness where you can participate in CrossFit, Pilates and Spinning classes or play table tennis or table football.
Priva's mission is to create an optimal environment where people can work, grow and develop. We offer worldwide solutions for horticulture and building automation. Our ambition is to be known as the leading technology and service provider for sustainable urban deltas. We are proud that our solutions result in lower consumption of natural resources and contribute to some of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Our culture is built around our core values; sustainable, innovation, make it happen and human. In our latest employment survey, our colleagues mainly described our culture as: open, ambitious, innovative, friendly, committed, informal, flexible and down to earth. We aim to be a dynamic, fast-paced, flat and informal organization, where our colleagues have the space to grow and develop.
We believe that in order to be successful, it is important to include people with different perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. Every day, we continue to build our open culture with people who are driven to turn our vision into reality, regardless of who they love, where they are from, or what they believe in. We encourage and celebrate people to voice their opinions and be their authentic selves.
Does this make you smile, and do you see yourself as our new Embedded Software Test Engineer? Apply below or contact us for more information. We’ll get back to you within two weeks, we are keen to get to know you!