De Lier, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands€3,000 - €5,250 per monthTech & Data
Climate for growth
It is Priva's mission to create an optimal environment where people can work, grow and develop. We offer global solutions for horticulture and building automation.
Our ambition is to be known as the leading technology and service provider for sustainable urban deltas. We are proud that our solutions result in lower consumption of natural resources and contribute to several of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
To fulfill our mission and ambition, we are looking for dedicated colleagues.
Your future ecosystem
Between Rotterdam and The Hague, you find the greenhouse capital of the world: “Het Westland”, where our campus is located in The Lier. A region that has a great contribution to The Netherlands as food exporter number 2 worldwide, right after the US.
In these 100 square kilometers, Priva was founded in the fifties. An innovative second-generation owned family business. Today we are a high-tech company that develops hardware, software and digital services in the field of climate control, energy-saving and optimal reuse of water. We do this for horticulture, indoor and city farming, as well as utility buildings such as offices, retail, hotels and hospitals.
We are proud that we are working with 500 colleagues, in 15 international branch offices divided over 12 countries together with over 400 international installation partners to deliver our sustainable solutions and services in more than 100 countries.
Our Product Development department consists of over 120 colleagues, divided into more than 20 teams This is a role in our hardware team which consists of a Product Owner and 4 hardware engineers.
How you add value
As a Hardware Engineer, you are responsible for the technical success of one or more developments. You are responsible for the overall system design and the specification of the technical components. You work in close collaboration with our development partners who work on the detailed design of the electronics and mechanics. You ensure that the technical requirements are met by reviewing the designs and testing the prototypes. Due to your experience with electronics design and development, you can dive into the details and act as a sparring partner for the hardware engineers when necessary. You always keep the overview and keep the big picture in mind. As part of your job, you will work both on completely new developments as well as on product maintenance issues.
You work closely with a project manager who is responsible for time and cost and a Product Owner who is responsible for the functional requirements. You will be part of a team of peers that have a similar role. You also interact with our in-house embedded teams and ensure seamless integration of the hardware and software.
In this role, you will have a lot of contact with other parties and departments. You, therefore, enjoy working both independently and in a team. In addition, with your proactive attitude and communication skills, you can communicate well with the various stakeholders within and outside Priva. Outside of Priva, this mainly concerns external partners who are involved in product development.
Who you are
You have sufficient in-house knowledge and can act as a sparring partner for external parties. You are a go-getter, analytically strong, quality-oriented, and communicative. Furthermore, we will read your resume to find:
- At least 3-5 years of experience with hardware development;
- A bachelor's degree;
- Broad knowledge of hardware techniques, (new) technologies and product development in the field of hardware;
- A proactive team player who is familiar with working in a multidisciplinary development environment;
- Experience with outsourcing processes and setting up requirements sets;
- Good organizational skills, allowing you to easily coordinate various activities, both internally and with development partners;
- Knowledge of embedded software is a plus;
- Excellent command of the English language, Dutch is nice to have;
- Lives in The Netherlands.
What you get
- A gross salary based on your experience of max € 5.250,- based on 40 hours a week;
- We find a healthy work-life balance important: working flexible hours combined with 30 vacation days a year and the option to buy more;
- 8% holiday allowance;
- Travel allowance of € 0,23/km with a daily maximum of 150 kilometers or fully reimbursed public transport costs;
For your own sustainability:
- Join our collective health insurance;
- Be secured with our pension plan;
- Feel engaged and join our participation plan;
- Keep on learning with your personal education possibilities and budget;
- Be happy and fit by using our healthy cafeteria, our free on-premises fitness where you can participate in crossfit, Pilates and Spinning classes or play table tennis or table football
Does all of this make you smile? Feel free to apply below or contact us for further information. We are keen to tell you more about us, our vision and future.