Netherlands, Zuid-Holland, De LierTech & Data
Be part of our growth and become our new Platform Developer
Your future ecosystem
Our Product Development department exists of over 120 colleagues, divided into more than 20 teams that go by self-thought-up names like “Mavericks”, “Rangers” and “Beam”. These self-managing teams work in an Agile way and usually exists of a Product Owner, Scrum Master, Back- and Front-end Developers, and a Tester.
Between Rotterdam and The Hague, you find the greenhouse capital of the world: “Het Westland”, where our campus is located in De Lier. In these 100 square kilometers, Priva was founded in the fifties and is still a family business.
Priva started as a hardware company and transformed into an innovative software company that grew to become the global market leader in horticulture and building automation. Today we are a high-tech company that develops hardware, software and digital services in the field of climate control, energy-saving and optimal reuse of water. We do this for horticulture, indoor and city farming, as well as utility buildings such as offices, retail, hotels and hospitals.
Our next step is to conquer the digital domain and become a digital service provider, selling subscriptions to "climate as a service".
We are proud to be working with over 600 colleagues, in 16 international branch offices divided over 12 countries together with over 400 international installation partners to deliver our sustainable solutions and services in more than 100 countries.
How you add value
The main focus of this role is to develop services and components for our data platform. This platform enables IoT teams to deliver products. You develop, deploy and monitor services of the platform in close collaboration with your team and teams using the platform. You (and your team) will primarily be responsible for the platform.
Next to developing new services and the deployment of them, you and your team, are responsible for responding to, and analyzing alerts originating from the platform. Also, performing advanced testing such as chaos, integration, load, and performance testing will be part of your accountabilities.
To end, writing and executing runbooks and reviewing documentation, and doing code reviews are part of this role.
Who you are
We are looking for someone that is a doer (attacks problems and solves them), is inventive (tries new tools or writes them), an operator (pushes to production and keep it running) and feels connected to Priva’s mission. What else do you bring?
- You have at least 5 years of experience working in a development team;
- You have knowledge of and experience with C#, .NET, .NET Core in a distributed event-driven architecture;
- You have knowledge of and experience with Azure (or comparable cloud platform like Amazon Web Services/Google Cloud Platform). We work with Azure components like: IoT Hub, Service Bus, Event Grid, Event Hubs, Data Explorer;
- You have experience with writing unit/application/integration tests;
- You have knowledge of and experience with Azure DevOps and/or GitHub and git repositories. You also know how to configure CI/CD pipelines using Azure Pipelines and/or GitHub Actions.
What you get
- A gross salary based on your experience in the range of € 3.000,- and € 5.000,- based on 40 hours a week;
- We find a healthy work-life balance important: working flexible hours combined with 30 vacation days a year and the option to buy more;
- 8% holiday allowance;
- Travel allowance of € 0,19/km with a daily maximum of 150 kilometer.
For your own sustainability:
- Join our collective health insurance;
- Be secured with our pension plan;
- Feel engaged and join our participation plan;
- Keep on learning with your personal education possibilities and budget;
- Be happy and fit by using our healthy cafeteria, our free on-premises fitness where you can participate in CrossFit, Pilates and Spinning classes or play table tennis or football.
A screening procedure can be part of our selection process.
Priva's mission is to create an optimal environment where people can work, grow and develop. We offer worldwide solutions for horticulture and building automation. Our ambition is to be known as the leading technology and service provider for sustainable urban deltas. We are proud that our solutions result in lower consumption of natural resources and contribute to some of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Our culture is built around our core values; sustainable, innovation, make it happen and human. In our latest employment survey, our colleagues mainly described our culture as: open, ambitious, innovative, friendly, committed, informal, flexible and down to earth. We aim to be a dynamic, fast-paced, flat and informal organization, where our colleagues have the space to grow and develop.
We believe that in order to be successful, it is important to include people with different perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. Every day, we continue to build our open culture with people who are driven to turn our vision into reality, regardless of who they love, where they are from, or what they believe in. We encourage and celebrate people to voice their opinions and be their authentic selves.
Does this make you smile, and do you see yourself as our new Platform Developer? Apply below or contact us for more information. We’ll get back to you within two weeks, we are keen to get to know you!