Product Engineer Sensing Systems
Netherlands, Zuid-Holland, De LierTech & Data
Be part of our growth, as Priva’s new Product Engineer Sensing Systems.
Your future ecosystem
Priva is a leading high-tech company that develops hardware, software and digital services in the field of climate control, energy-saving and optimal reuse of water. We offer global solutions for horticulture, indoor and city farming, as well as utility building such as offices, retail, hotels and hospitals.
Between Rotterdam and The Hague, you can find the greenhouse capital of the world: “Het Westland”, where our campus is located in De Lier. A region with great economic impact to the Netherlands as the second food exporting country, right after the US. In these 100 square kilometers, Priva was founded in the fifties. An innovative second-generation owned family business. We are proud that we are working with more than 600 colleagues, in 16 international branch offices divided over 12 countries together with over 400 international installation partners to deliver our sustainable solutions and services in more than 100 countries.
Creating a climate for growth
With customers and prospects all over the world, it is Priva's mission to create an optimal environment where people can work, grow and develop. Priva wants to contribute to the cities of the future: where people can enjoy a healthy working and living environment and have access to safe and nutritious food. We enable horticulture to become predictable & scalable and help to grow a profitable crop almost everywhere. By being the most reliable and innovative process automation business partner and offering leading-edge technology and services, we support our customer to realize their business plans and meet their targets.
Our ambition is to be known as the leading technology and service provider for sustainable urban deltas. We are proud that our solutions result in lower consumption of natural resources and contribute to several of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
To fulfill our mission and ambition, we are looking for dedicated colleagues and in this case our new Product Engineer Sensing Systems.
How you add value
As Product Engineer Sensing systems you are technical accountable for the sensing portfolio. On operational level you manage and develop your portfolio, you maintain and improve existing products. Next to that you develop new products and think along in the development of new data sourcing concepts, lifecycle and roadmap developments. You will be part of the Fulfillment team with whom you will set the basis for the product management of our systems and devices portfolio, which is crucial for the climate and waterprocess controls within the horticulture and indoor growing domain. As a Product Engineer Sensing Systems you have a wide range of accountabilities which creates a challenging and varying working environment. You switch between product maintenance of the standardized products within and development projects for your portfolio. In summary, you:
- Are the point of contact for technical product decisions and delegate to responsible roles;
- Guard and maintain overall quality of your products;
- Document and manage all product related data;
- Translate market requirements into technical product and component requirements;
- Assess change requests and manage the implementation;
- Manage the implementation of product updates and report on this to stakeholders.
Who you are
You are a Product Engineer who feels connected to our mission and vision and who would like to contribute to this. We think that we could be a match if you:
- Have a strong technical background and knowledge of sensing technologies;
- Have at least 3 years of experience in the field of product engineering or management;
- Have a strong sense of responsibility and dare to take ownership;
- Like to work in a structured and self-organizing way;
- Enjoy working in an international environment and you have a (very) good command of the English language;
- Live in the Netherlands;
- Are looking for a position for at least 32 hours a week.
What you get
- A gross salary based on your experience in the range of € 3.000,- and € 4.750,- based on 40 hours a week;
- We find a healthy work-life balance important: working flexible hours combined with 30 vacation days a year and the option to buy more;
- 8% holiday allowance;
- Travel allowance of € 0,19/km with a daily maximum of 150 kilometer.
For your own sustainability:
- Join our collective health insurance;
- Be secured with our pension plan;
- Feel engaged and join our participation plan;
- Keep on learning with your personal education possibilities and budget;
- Be happy and fit by using our healthy cafeteria, our free on-premises fitness where you can participate in Crossfit, Pilates and Spinning classes or play table tennis or table football.
Does all of this make you smile? Feel free to apply below or contact us for further information. We are keen to tell you more about us, our vision and future.