Product Owner Platform
Netherlands, Zuid-Holland, De LierProduct Owner & Portfolio Management
Climate for growth
It is Priva's mission to create an optimal environment where people can work, grow and develop. We offer global solutions for horticulture and building automation.
Our ambition is to be known as the leading technology and service provider for sustainable urban deltas. We are proud that our solutions result in lower consumption of natural resources and contribute to several of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
To fulfill our mission and ambition, we are looking for dedicated colleagues.
Your future ecosystem
Between Rotterdam and The Hague, you find the greenhouse capital of the world: “Het Westland”, where our campus is located in The Lier. A region that has a great contribution to The Netherlands as food exporter number 2 worldwide, right after the US.
In these 100 square kilometers, Priva was founded in the fifties. An innovative second-generation owned family business. Today we are a high-tech company that develops hardware, software and digital services in the field of climate control, energy-saving and optimal reuse of water. We do this for horticulture, indoor and city farming, as well as utility buildings such as offices, retail, hotels and hospitals.
We are proud that we are working with 500 colleagues, in 15 international branch offices divided over 12 countries together with over 400 international installation partners to deliver our sustainable solutions and services in more than 100 countries.
Our Product Development department exists of over 120 colleagues, divided over more than 20 teams that go by self-thought-up names like “Mavericks”, “Rangers” and “High Five”. These self-managing teams work in an Agile way and usually exist of Back-end Developers, Front-end Developers and a Tester. In our app teams, we work on our new Priva solutions for both buildings and horticulture. Next to our app teams, we have three platform teams that build the back-end components that are used by our app teams. This platform is used to fulfill our purpose to become a data-driven organization.
How you add value
As a Product Owner you will be responsible for delivering identity and access management, data storage and Integrations solutions for our digital services. You will work closely with our Product Owners and other relevant stakeholders to identify needs and gather requirements. You will keep track of all the functional and technical trends in the field and consciously decide which trends to follow and which trends you disregard. You translate the needs of your users into functional and technical requirements in the form of user stories that can be implemented by the dedicated development teams. You manage their backlog and provide them with clear goals.
You are responsible for translating the inputs from various stakeholders, both internal and external, into a well-defined roadmap with a clear vision. At the end of the day, you will be in the center of how our products interact with our customers and you will be responsible for evolving in the right direction to ensure maximum commercial success.
Who you are
We are looking for someone with a passion for technical problem solving and a business mindset. You are aware of the business impact of your decisions and can prioritize accordingly. You cope well under pressure, meaning that when issues arise, you can quickly triage and organize the team to work on the solution and keep all stakeholders informed. Furthermore, we will read your resume to find:
- A similar role where you were responsible for a deeply technical product (e.g. API, integrations, IAM, etc.);
- A background in infrastructure product management and have functioned as a Product Owner for one or more platform components;
- Experience in a role working with high availability cloud data solutions;
- Experience in managing senior stakeholders;
- Feeling comfortable working with teams using an Agile methodology (e.g. Scrum)
- Experience estimating the business impact of all the user stories you prioritize and express their impact quantitatively;
What you get
- A gross salary based on your experience in the range of € 5.000,- and € 6.250,- based on 40 hours a week;
- We find a healthy work-life balance important: working flexible hours combined with 30 vacation days a year and the option to buy more;
- 8% holiday allowance;
- Travel allowance of € 0,19/km with a daily maximum of 150 kilometer.
For your own sustainability:
- Join our collective health insurance;
- Be secured with our pension plan;
- Feel engaged and join our participation plan;
- Keep on learning with your personal education possibilities and budget;
- Be happy and fit by using our healthy cafeteria, our free on-premises fitness where you can participate in CrossFit, Pilates and Spinning classes or play table tennis and table football.
Does all of this make you smile? Feel free to apply below or contact us for further information. We are keen to tell you more about us, our vision and future.
A screening procedure can be part of our selection process.