Senior HVAC Technician
Canada, Ontario, Ontario - CanadaTechnical Customer Support
Are you experienced in providing exceptional customer service, willing to gain a superior knowledge of our products, flexible and ready for a new challenge? Then we are looking for you!
Priva is a worldwide leader in the design, production and service of climate control systems for horticulture. With a unique combination of software, hardware, and services, we pride ourselves on our ability to provide tailored solutions through superior product knowledge and exceptional customer service!
As a global organization operating in over 50 countries, Priva began as a family business in the Netherlands and expanded into Canada over 35 years ago. Since then we have been operating successfully in the Niagara region of Ontario as Priva North America. We pride ourselves on creating an optimal environment for our people in which they can grow and develop. As we continue to evolve our business, we are looking to build our outstanding team of experts!
We currently have openings for the position of Senior HVAC Technician. The ideal candidate for this role is driven, has an exceptional customer service delivery, and is willing to gain a superior knowledge of our products (in house training available). You will be in a key role that works closely with our partner network, sales staff and project managers to support them in engineering/designing control equipment for Building Automation Systems. This position involves approximately 20% design and 80% field technician work.
- Communicating technical concepts/solutions to internal and external customers.
- Reviewing job contract plans, scope and specifications, survey information, sales sketches, estimates and take-off sheets.
- Preparing submittals per engineering standards, ensuring commitment dates are met.
- Supporting the Priva Partner Network, Sales and Project Managers.
The successful candidates will have:
- A diploma in Electrical Engineering, Electronics or Mechanical Engineering.
- At least 5 years of experience designing and programming a broad range of commercial HVAC Controls systems.
- Knowledge of Engineering hardware, sequences, creating control drawings, control device selection, and as-built details.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Impeccable project management and interpersonal skills. Experience providing high-quality customer service.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment with scheduled deadlines.
- A desire and ability to travel within North America.
- Experience in programming and commissioning HVAC control systems.
- Experience assisting sales in applying technical solutions.
- A comprehensive understanding of mechanical and electrical systems, and BAS systems.
- Knowledge of the BACnet protocol.
Why consider Priva?
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages.
- A rewarding work environment that will challenge you and help you grow your career.
- We are a global company with local roots.
- We are committed to designing a better future for our clients.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
We will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you are a person with a disability and require accommodation during the process, please contact Brooke Nesbitt 905-562-7351
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- service: 2 years (Preferred)
- Gas (Preferred)
- Air Conditioning & Refrigeration (Preferred)