Senior UX Designer
De Lier, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands€4,500 - €6,000 per monthDesign / UX / CX
Make an impact by creating sustainable buildings as our UX Designer
Your future ecosystem
You will be part of the UX team in our Product Development department. The department currently exists of over 140 colleagues that work together on our newest Priva innovations. This role has its focus on our next generation within Building Automation Solutions.
Priva started as a hardware company and transformed into an innovative software company that grew to become the global market leader in horticulture and one of the leaders in building automation in Europe. Today we are a high-tech family business that develops hardware, software, and digital services in the field of climate control, energy-saving, and optimal reuse of water.
Our building solutions are found in buildings such as our Rijksmuseum, Hilton Hotels, Westminster Abbey, as well as the elephant enclosure at the Rotterdam Zoo.
Our next step is to conquer the digital domain and become a digital service provider, selling subscriptions to "climate as a service".
We are proud to be working with over 600 colleagues, in 16 international branch offices divided over 12 countries together with over 400 international installation partners to deliver our sustainable solutions and services in more than 100 countries.
How you add value
Working as our UX designer in building automation means three different stages wherein you can make a difference. Building, commissioning and operating. We have digital products for all three and create analysis tools and data services for better insight, control, and optimization. Primarily your focus will be on the first stage, which is a next-generation new product, by panning out concepts, designs, and prototypes without being able to test them with a lot of clients. You help us with your experience within b2b business applications to make the right technical choices, creative insights, and pragmatic prototypes. Work closely and align your work with your Scrum Teams and share your UX opinions with the Product Owners and Portfolio Managers to help create the next generation of building automation solutions that could lower the world's energy consumption.
To create great and useful designs in the engineering stage, you need to understand the other two building stages as well. The users of the commissioning and operator stage are different and so forth the requirements of experience. Where the Engineering stage is highly technical and less visual, the later stages have other users, and the role will get more visual responsibilities. Your focus will be on the first stage, but we will involve you in other stages as well.
Who you are
Pragmatic, conceptual, and a strong communicator who thrives in a fast-changing environment. Also, we will be reading your resume to find:
- 5+ years of relevant work experience as a UX Designer, where you preferably worked on b2b applications and contributed to a design system;
- Experience with technical complex design and user flows;
- You are skilled in working with design and prototype tools, such as Figma;
- You can set up different types of quantitative and qualitative research as well as design sprints. You are able to select the right approach that suits the developmental stage in which the product finds itself;
- You have a good command of English, both written and spoken. Command of the Dutch language is a pre.
- Currently living in The Netherlands.
What you get
- A gross salary based on your experience in the range of € 4.500,- and € 6.000,- based on 40 hours a week;
- We find a healthy work-life balance important: working flexible hours combined with 30 vacation days a year and the option to buy more;
- 8% holiday allowance;
- Travel allowance of € 0,21/km with a daily maximum of 150 kilometer.
For your own sustainability:
- Join our collective health insurance;
- Be secured with our pension plan;
- Feel engaged and join our participation plan;
- Keep on learning with your personal education possibilities and budget;
- Be happy and fit by using our healthy, our free on-premises fitness where you can participate in CrossFit, Pilates and Spinning classes or play table tennis or football.
Priva's mission is to create an optimal environment where people can work, grow and develop. We offer worldwide solutions for horticulture and building automation. Our ambition is to be known as the leading technology and service provider for sustainable urban deltas. We are proud that our solutions result in lower consumption of natural resources and contribute to some of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Our culture is built around our core values; sustainable, innovation, make it happen and human. In our latest employment survey, our colleagues mainly described our culture as: open, ambitious, innovative, friendly, committed, informal, flexible and down to earth. We aim to be a dynamic, fast-paced, flat and informal organization, where our colleagues have the space to grow and develop.
We believe that in order to be successful, it is important to include people with different perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. Every day, we continue to build our open culture with people who are driven to turn our vision into reality, regardless of whom they love, where they are from, or what they believe in. We encourage and celebrate people to voice their opinions and be their authentic selves.
Does this make you smile, and do you see yourself as our new UX Designer? Apply below or contact us for more information. We’ll get back to you within two weeks, we are keen to get to know you!