International Support & Testing Engineer / Octiva
De Lier, Zuid-Holland, NetherlandsTechnical Customer Support
Octiva creates robotic labor automation solutions for the Controlled Environment Agriculture market in close collaboration and at the service of innovative growers. Octiva was formed in 2021 from a merger of Priva’s robotic solutions and Octinion’s agricultural robotics. Priva is one of the global leaders in horticulture process control, Octinion is known for building ground-breaking agrarian robotics. Combined, we are a big, innovative, and growing player in the robotic domain within the agricultural sector. With teams in De Lier (The Netherlands) and Leuven (Belgium), Octiva has about 40 employees. You'll be part of our Support Team and work closely with the other Support and Testing Engineer.
How you add value
We are looking for a dedicated and self-starting Support and Testing Engineer who is comfortable with frequent travel to our clients all over the world. Our customers are leaders in our field and typically large growers. To support them, you will be responsible for executing tests and validations of prototypes and products, such as our autonomous platform with UVC lighting and various other robots like our strawberry picking robot. This could involve remote first-line support, as well as on-site second-line support.
You will also be responsible for leading the implementation of newly delivered robots and executing preventive maintenance for our customers worldwide, including training operators and maintenance crews.
Who you are
We are looking for a Support Engineer who sees the whole world as your playground and has no objection to a lot of worldwide traveling. Furthermore, we will read your resume to find:
- a Professional Bachelor's or a Master's degree in Industrial Science (or equivalent through experience), preferably in mechatronics. Any self-taught technical knowledge is considered a strong advantage;
- At least 3 years of working experience with technical support on electronic and mechanical products. Experience within the Horticultural domain is a big plus;
- The ability to adapt quickly and effectively in changing situations while maintaining a high level of customer service;
- Strong interpersonal skills to build up long-lasting relationships with customers;
- Excellent knowledge of Dutch and English language.
What you get
- A gross salary based on your experience in the range of € 3.000,- and € 4.000,- based on 40 hours a week;
- We find a healthy work-life balance important: 30 Vacation days and the option to buy more;
- 8% holiday allowance;
- Travel allowance of € 0,23/km with a daily maximum of 240 kilometers or fully reimbursed public transport costs;
For your own sustainability:
- Be secured with our pension plan;
- Feel engaged and join our participation plan;
- Keep on learning with your personal education possibilities and budget;
- Be happy and fit by using our healthy cafeteria, our free on-premises fitness where you can participate in CrossFit, Pilates and Spinning classes or play table tennis or table football.
At Octiva you’ll become part of an innovative, challenging work environment with an entrepreneurial atmosphere. Our organization culture is Teal, meaning that we focus very strongly on self-management, wholeness and evolutionary purpose – Therefore it is important that you align with our purpose: being an innovator, collaborating with organizations worldwide to create disruptive solutions that help to use earth’s resources in a sustainable way. Since we are a young company the opportunities are ample. We will give you the training you require to further develop your expertise and knowledge.
Does this make you smile, and do you see yourself as our new Internationals Support & Testing Engineer? Apply below or contact us for more information. We’ll get back to you within a week, we are keen to get to know you!