System Architect Embedded Software
De Lier, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands€5,500 - €7,500 per monthTech & Data
Be part of our growth and become our new System Architect
Your future ecosystem
Priva started as a hardware company and transformed into an innovative software company that grew to become the global market leader in horticulture and one of the leaders in building automation in Europe. Today we are a high-tech family business that develops hardware, software, and digital services in the field of climate control, energy-saving, and optimal reuse of water. Our building solutions are found in buildings such as our Rijksmuseum, Hilton Hotels, Westminster Abbey, as well as the elephant enclosure at the Rotterdam Zoo.
Our next step is to conquer the digital domain and become a digital service provider, selling subscriptions to "climate as a service".
We are proud to be working with over 600 colleagues, in 16 international branch offices divided over 12 countries together with over 400 international installation partners to deliver our sustainable solutions and services in more than 100 countries.
How you add value
As a System Architect, you will be responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining the architecture. You will coach the value stream on a technical level. Therefore, it is important that you have programming experience. You will work closely with architects, developers, portfolio managers and other stakeholders to identify requirements and ensure that our systems are scalable, reliable and secure.
You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to determine system requirements and ensure that they are met. With a hands-on approach, you provide technical leadership and guidance to tech leads and developers. You really love to coach and connect with people. In addition, you are interested in trends and emerging technologies, and evaluate whether or not to introduce them within Priva.
The system (value stream) that you will lead encompasses several technologies; your focus will be on embedded software. Although your focus will be on embedded software, it is important that you have interest in cloud and control applications. In this role you will working on the next generation solution in Building Automation, so there is enough room to make impact and challenge yourself!
Who you are
We are looking for someone who is proactive, enthusiastic a strong communicator. You feel connected to Priva’s mission and want to use your skills for a more sustainable future. What else do you bring?
- At least 10 years of overall work experience;
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar role;
- Bachelor or Master level of thinking;
- Strong understanding of software development principles and best practices;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment;
- Strong organizational and people-management skills;
- Fluent in English, Dutch is a nice to have;
- Willing to come to the office several days per week.
What you get
- A gross salary based on your experience in the range of € 5.500,- and € 7.500,- based on 40 hours a week;
- We find a healthy work-life balance important: working flexible hours combined with 30 vacation days a year and the option to buy more;
- 8% holiday allowance;
- Travel allowance of € 0,21/km with a daily maximum of 150 kilometer.
For your own sustainability:
- Join our collective health insurance;
- Be secured with our pension plan;
- Feel engaged and join our participation plan;
- Keep on learning with your personal education possibilities and budget;
- Be happy and fit by using our healthy cafeteria, our free on-premises fitness where you can participate in Crossfit, Pilates and Spinning classes or play table tennis, or football.
Priva's mission is to create an optimal environment where people can work, grow and develop. We offer worldwide solutions for horticulture and building automation. Our ambition is to be known as the leading technology and service provider for sustainable urban deltas. We are proud that our solutions result in lower consumption of natural resources and contribute to some of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Our culture is built around our core values; sustainable, innovation, make it happen and human. In our latest employment survey, our colleagues mainly described our culture as: open, ambitious, innovative, friendly, committed, informal, flexible and down to earth. We aim to be a dynamic, fast-paced, flat and informal organization, where our colleagues have the space to grow and develop.
We believe that in order to be successful, it is important to include people with different perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. Every day, we continue to build our open culture with people who are driven to turn our vision into reality, regardless of who they love, where they are from, or what they believe in. We encourage and celebrate people to voice their opinions and be their authentic selves.
Does this make you smile, and do you see yourself as our new System Architect? Apply below or contact us for more information. We’ll get back to you within two weeks, we are keen to get to know you!