Tech Lead Embedded Software
Climate for growth
It is Priva's mission to create an optimal environment where people can work, grow and develop. We offer global solutions for horticulture and building automation.
Our ambition is to be known as the leading technology and service provider for sustainable urban deltas
. We are proud that our solutions result in lower consumption of natural resources and contribute to several of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
To fulfill our mission and ambition, we are looking for dedicated colleagues.
Your future ecosystem
Between Rotterdam and The Hague, you find the greenhouse capital of the world: “Het Westland”, where our campus is located in The Lier. A region that has a great contribution to The Netherlands as food exporter number 2 worldwide, right after the US.
In these 100 square kilometers, Priva was founded in the fifties. An innovative second-generation owned family business. Today we are a high-tech company that develops hardware, software and digital services in the field of climate control, energy-saving and optimal reuse of water. We do this for horticulture, indoor and city farming, as well as utility buildings such as offices, retail, hotels and hospitals.
We are proud that we are working with 500 colleagues, in 15 international branch offices divided over 12 countries together with over 400 international installation partners to deliver our sustainable solutions and services in more than 100 countries.
One team is making our embedded control platform future proof for the Building Automation market. They are focused on scalability and performance while integrating protocols like BACnet. In the other team, they focus on our Horticultural vertical and work on the future of our smart device platform.
How you add value
As the tech lead of one of our embedded teams you will be responsible for the translation from architecture to high-level designs. You will guide this translation to the implementation. Take ownership of the technical decisions based on strong requirement gathering and guard the progress and quality. With your experience you will be hands-on in development to support your team.
By having a good helicopter view you have the ability to keep oversight and are able to anticipate on possible challenges and threats and in close contact with your team and PO about technical solutions in order to avoid these possible problems.
This role requires a tech lead who is still hands-on to develop future-proof solutions to strengthen the team capabilities and capacity. Furthermore, you will be responsible for third-party integrations, support the hardware engineers and, in close collaboration with the Product Owner, create an optimal work breakdown.
Who you are
We are looking for an experienced embedded developer who wants to stay hands-on, with experience leading a team of embedded developers. Furthermore, we will read your resume to find:
- At least 10 years of experience in embedded C/C++ development;
- Minimal a Bachelor degree in a related field;
- Experienced in software development for Linux;
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design and design patterns;
- Understanding of data communication protocols like Modbus and/or BACnet is a nice to have;
- Experience with Yocto, Azure DevOps and Pipelines, GoogleTest is a nice to have;
- Experience in bare metal development is a nice to have;
- Knowledge of FreeRTOS and IAR is a really nice to have.
What you get
- A gross salary based on your experience in the range of € 4.500,- and € 6.000,- based on 40 hours a week;
- We find a healthy work-life balance important: working flexible hours combined with 30 vacation days a year and the option to buy more;
- 8% holiday allowance;
- Travel allowance of € 0,19/km with a daily maximum of 150 kilometers.
For your own sustainability:
- Join our collective health insurance;
- Be secured with our pension plan;
- Feel engaged and join our participation plan;
- Keep on learning with your personal education possibilities and budget;
- Be happy and fit by using our healthy cafeteria, our free on-premises fitness where you can participate in CrossFit, Pilates and Spinning classes or play table tennis or table football.
Does all of this make you smile? Feel free to apply below or contact us for further information. We are keen to tell you more about us, our vision and future.